I am currently focused on teaching, and am not actively conducting research. In the past, I have worked with Carl Jacobson in California and Arizona on tectonic problems associated with a subduction complex accreted to North America during low-angle subduction related to the Laramide orogeny. I have also worked on understanding the Proterozoic metamorphic and tectonic evolution of southwestern North America, particularly northern New Mexico.
Geol 100 – The Earth
Geol 101 – Environmental Geology: Earth in Crisis
Geol 302 – Summer Field Studies
Geol 315 – Mineralogy & Earth Materials
Geol 365 – Igneous Petrology
Selected Refereed Publications
- Jacobson, C.E., Grove, M., Pedrick, J.N., Barth, A.P., Marsaglia, K.M., Gehrels, G.E., and Nourse, J.A., 2011, Late Cretaceous-early Cenozoic tectonic evolution of the southern California margin inferred from provenance of trench and forearc sediments. Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 123, p. 485-506.
- Jacobson, C.E., Grove, M., Vucic, A., Pedrick, J.N., and Ebert, K.A., 2007, Exhumation of the Orocopia Schist and associated rocks of southeastern California: Relative roles of erosion, synsubduction tectonic denudation, and middle Cenozoic extension, in Cloos, M., Carlson, W.D., Gilbert, M.C., Liou, J.G., and Sorensen, S.S., eds., Convergent Margin Terranes and Associated Regions (A tribute to W.G. Ernst): Boulder, Colorado, Geological Society of America Special Paper 419, p. 1-37.
- Dawson, J.P., 2004, Proterozoic tectonic history of the Taos Range. New Mexico Geological Society Guidebook, v. 55, p. 22-24.
- Bauer, P.W., Karlstrom, K.E., Kues, B.S., Dawson, J.P., Heizler, M.T., Williams, M.L., Read, A.S., Ulmer-Scholle, D., 2004, Taos area stratigraphy and correlations for Proterozoic and Paleozoic, New Mexico Geological Society Guidebook, vol. 55, 440.
- Pedrick, J. N., Karlstrom, K. E., and Bowring, S. A., 1998. Reconciliation of conflicting tectonic models for Proterozoic rocks of northern New Mexico. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 16, 687-707.